The GETS Placement test assesses language skills using new-age and contemporary settings. The test tailors itself according to the test-taker's performance as one progresses through different parts and thus allows for adaptive testing. This quick and convenient placement test caters to a broad band of proficiency levels (CEFR Levels A2 to Cl) and uses innovative methods of assessment including video-based items in order to create a non-intimidating, immersive and natural test experience.
The test development is backed by three years of research by QAI, UK and selects questions based on accurate linguistic measurements.
GETS Placement Assesses
- Listening: ability to understand acceptable English accents & pronunciation and the complete, accurate and contextual meaning of spoken language dialogues or monologues.
- Reading: ability to read everyday texts efficiently and understand their overall meaning as well as detailed meaning.
- Spoken English: ability to make suitable grammatical choices and demonstrate awareness of how the context affects the choice words in conversational English.
- Written English: ability to make accurate choices of tone, register, grammar, words and expressions in written language.
- Lexical Resource: awareness of the form meaning, pronunciation and appropriate usage of words, phrases as well as collocations and idiomatic language.
- Grammar and Structures: understanding of grammatical structures. It covers the use of tenses, verb forms, determiners, connectors, prepositions, modals, conditionals etc.
As part of the test question design, GETS Placement test uses authentic and adapted materials used in day to day lives of students and working professionals. These include Research papers, Student notes, Excerpts from reference books, Proposals, Brochures, Advertisements, lnfographics, Notices, Reports, Emails, Power Point Presentations, Biogs, Podcasts, News items, etc.
GETS Placement test uses a variety of question types to allow a test taker to demonstrate their control on English language. These include:
- Multiple choice for extended reading
- Listen/watch & select
- Multiple choice for extended listening
- Multiple choice for language accuracy
- 60 questions in 30 minutes
- A quick and convenient test designed to assess language ability
- Test adapts itself to the test-taker's performance
- Engaging format with personalised test experience
- New-age contexts (items based on real world communications)
- Video based engaging test experience
- Instant Results measured on the GETS Scale of English and approximated to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference)
- Uses Artificial Intelligence (Al), Machine Learning (ML) and Data Analytics for high quality test item delivery and reporting
- Developed by a highly experienced team of English language experts